Massaman Goat Shank Curry that will FALL APART- Slow cooker
- 4x goat shanks
- 5 potatoes (Quartered)
- 3 Carrots (Sliced 3cm thick)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
-Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of my home made Massaman Curry Paste
- Fresh coriander (1 bunch chopped up for garnish)
- 3x Limes freshly squeezed
- Salt to taste
-Home made peri peri chilli sauce also to taste
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tin of coconut cream (Aryam)
- 5 kaffir lime leave
- 1 litre of bone broth ( enough broth for the liquid to come just over three quarters on the meat in the slow cooker.
1. Brown the goat shank in some good quality butter in the skillet or a fry pan. Then add to your slow cooker
2. In the same pan, add some coconut oil and throw in your quartered potatoes, carrot, garlic, cherry tomatoes , kaffir lime leaves coconut cream and 4 tablespoons of the home made Massaman paste.
3. Once everything has been lightly simmered for about 5 to 10 minutes add about 1 litre of a good quality bone broth to deglaze the pan. Then pour everything in the slow cooker.
4. Add some salt and the sugar to the slow cooker. Then flick the switch to low, and let it cook between 6-8 hours. The meat will 100 percent guaranteed fall off the bone!!
How to serve
- Cut up some fresh Thai chillies or use my homemade peri peri sauce, fresh coriander sliced up and some freshly squeezed limes!
It’s as simple as that guys, if you don’t have Kaffir lime leaves that’s fine.
Leave a comment