Saffron Milk Caps - Cooked in the Pine Forest (Pine Mushrooms)
- 400g of Saffron Milk Cap Mushrooms
- 2 Onions
- 1/2 Cup of White wine
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive OIl
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 2 whole cloves of garlic
- Chop up your mushrooms into pieces, the photo will give you a reference on what size to cut the mushrooms.
- Chop up your onions into small pieces and put aside.
- Heat your wok up, add the extra virgin olive oil. It is very important that you don'y burn the oil, so don't wait too long before you throw your onions in. Allowing them to caramelize, then add the 2 cloves of garlic and the white wine. Let it simmer for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms.
- Give the mushrooms a toss in the wok, completely immersing them with all the flavors in the wok and cook the mushrooms until you see them change to a darker brown color on either side.
- The Garlic is added purely to infuse with the oil, once the mushrooms are cooked completely remove the garlic, add a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper and your DONE!!!
Serve this with fresh home made bread, that has been toasted or warmed over the fire. That garlic infused olive oil and fresh home made bread go hand in hand, and wont disappoint !!
Leave a comment