- 1 Venison Liver
- Pork Fat, Pork Belly or Spec (either one), (3/4 the amount of the liver portion)
- 1 glass of dry red wine
- 2 large white Onions
- 1/4 glass of white wine vinegar
- 1/4 glass of freshly squeezed lemon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 1/2 table spoons dry Coriander
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 bowl of fresh parsley chopped
- Preparing the liver: It is very important you remove the gall bladder , if it bursts it will ruin the whole liver. You can either cut around it and remove it or slowly pull it off. I suggest you go on YouTube or look on google exactly how its done before your attempt it because it'll be a shame to spoil the liver.
- You then slice the liver into strips about 2 cm wide and 5 cm long, you want them all roughly the same so they have the same cooking time.
- Cube up the pork fat and put aside in a bowl
- Slice up the onions into slices and put aside.
- I like using my wok to cook this, so turn your wok on high heat. Throw your pork fat and render it down, add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the fat has properly rendered, drop onions in and cook them until they caramelize (make sure there is enough rendered fat or oil to properly caramelize the onions with ought burning)
- Pour the dry red wine in, and slowly simmer for 5 minutes. Drop the Venison liver in, give it a good stir, sprinkle the salt, pepper and coriander. (add salt or pepper to taste)
- You don't want to overcook the liver the texture will become floury. Bring your heat down to medium and cook it for at least 10-15 minutes. I recommend trying a piece after 10 minutes , when the texture suits your palate the dish is ready. (10-15 minutes is a guideline, everyone is different so just cook it to your liking)
- Throw in the lemon and vinegar and give the wok a good toss. Just before you serve it garnish it with some fresh parsley just to add a little color to the dish.
Serve this with fresh toasted bread and as always use the sauce as a dipping sauce. Enjoy guys !!